CLICK HERE TO LOGIN TO YOUR EXISTING ACCOUNT (then click 'Register Now!' at the top right of the screen)
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR A NEW ACCOUNT (then follow all of the steps provided to create an account and enroll participants in Youth Basketball)
Registration is open to every child in kindergarten through seventh grade.
Coaches are needed. The size of the program is determined by the number of coaches that volunteer. Basketball experience helps but is not required, especially in the younger divisions. We can help you develop practice plans and game strategies. Coaches are required to submit background applications and attend a meeting on child safety. Please consider coaching. Let’s not leave any child out.
• Open to all boys and girls, kindergarten through seventh grade
• NEW for the 2018-2019 season: now open for seventh grade boys!
• Season runs November to February
• The size of the program is determined by the number of coaches that volunteer. Basketball experience helps but is not required, especially in the younger divisions. We can help you develop practice plans and game strategies.
• The Archdiocese of Atlanta requires that all volunteers interacting with children submit background applications and attend a meeting on child safety. We ask coaches to attend the skills evaluation for their division if possible. Please consider coaching. Let’s not leave any child out.
• Please help!
• Our success depends on the help parents provide. Besides coaches, we need help for each game at the scorer’s table.
• Parents, you are making a commitment to assure your child’s attendance at practices and games. Attendance is equally important whether your child is the most skilled or a novice.
• Teams practice once a week for one hour. Usually the same day same hour every week.
• Teams play one game a week on the weekend.
• Each player who regularly attends practice and tries to be a good teammate will play a minimum of half of every game.
• We will make every attempt to avoid conflicts between practice schedules and RELIGIOUS EDUCATION classes. Please provide the necessary information when registering.
• The fee is $110.
• The fee provides a uniform t-shirt, year-end recognition for players, and a season ending celebration. This celebration will be held immediately after a game towards the end of season.
• Be sure to register early!
• Once a division is full, you will have the opportunity to sign up on a wait list.
• We encourage you to do this as every year players are added to the program from the wait list. Especially if more coaches volunteer.
WITHDRAWALS and REFUNDS:
• Please inform us as soon as possible if your plans change and your child will not play. That will help give another child the chance to register and play.
• There will be a $10 administration fee deducted from all refunds.
• Part of each fee will be donated to Coaches Curing Kids Cancer in honor of the coaches in our program. This donation, made at the request of our coaches, is in lieu of a gift to them at the end of the season. Thank you for supporting the coaches in this request.
• To the best of our ability, we will form balanced teams based on player’s skills.
• Your child must attend the skills evaluation. Please refer to the Skills Evaluation Schedule for the scheduled day and time. Please make the scheduled time.
• If your child cannot attend on the day and time assigned, you must notify us to arrange a makeup session. Have them dress in a short sleeve shirt, shorts, and sneakers.
• Please make sure your child understands that this is not a try out. It is simply a workout that helps us form balanced teams. Your child should come to the gym at the time scheduled. Please plan for your child to stay for the entire time slot.
TEAM ASSIGNMENTS and PRACTICE SCHEDULES:
• Your coach will tell you the day and time of your practices.
CANCELLATION OF GAMES AND PRACTICES:
• We will close for inclement weather when Cobb County Schools close for the day. Below are several ways to find out about closings:
• Call the gym 770-552-6400 ext. 6033. The greeting will update you.
• We will try to e-mail and use Calling Post.Com to notify you when cancellations occur.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS: