Mission: To engage and mobilize members of St. Ann’s Parish in the fight to abolish Child Sex Trafficking.
Read our Summer 2018 Update: pdf FACTS Summer 2018 Update (319 KB)
THANK YOU for either attending our child trafficking awareness forum on Wednesday January 31 or viewing online. Many great questions came from guests in the audience who have concerns about keeping their loved ones safe from potential victimization. Amanda Gully, FBI Victim Specialist, suggested families check out the resources from the Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Mary Frances Bowley, Founder and Executive Director of Wellspring Living, said that many of the most vulnerable girls are ones who have no strong family support or sense of safety. She suggested that families make sure THEY are the ones filling their children’s ears and hearts with the words they crave hearing, like “You are special, you are beautiful, you are talented, I love how good you are at this” so that they are not seeking this love and affection in other places.
INCREASING AWARENESS OF THE PROBLEM OF CHILD SEX TRAFFICKING IN GEORGIA
- Startling facts, warning signs, who is at-risk
- Core causes/contributors
- Prevention and the protection of ALL children
ACTIVELY ENGAGING OUR PARISH TO LOBBY LEGISLATION TO PUNISH PERPETRATORS AND PROTECT VICTIMS
- Petitions, letters to congress, campaigning for stronger legislation
- Attend annual Anti-Sex Trafficking Lobby Days at GA Capital
SERVING THE VICTIMS
- Service projects/Fundraising/Donations/Drives
- Dinners/Games/Events – engaging with the healing victims
- Lunches and Encouragement
Please visit our FACEBOOK PAGE for the latest up to date information on our Ministry.